Friday, February 6, 2009

Soul Soothers




Woke up with a ripping migraine, spent the first three hours of the day writhing in pain, or vomiting, or both until I managed to keep enough of the meds down long enough to allow them to kick in and get me up and moving for the day. Thank the gods for Mercindol...

We're at the farm for the long weekend so moved myself from the bed to the benchseat out the back, sat in the sunshine and the wind and ate our first passionfruit off the vine we planted last year - a monumental moment that more than made up for the migraine. Looked out over the farm for a good half hour, relaxed and did nothing but breathe (obviously quite important, continuing to breathe that is...) until the rest of the tension in my head disappeared.

In the spirit of soothing and healing, thought it was apt I post a beautiful montage I found by a photographer by the name of Alicia Bock. She does beautiful, whimsical, girlie stuff and I love her work. So here's some of her stuff...may it clear your head and sooth your soul too.

No comments: